AAU Baseball and Softball Tryouts for Ages 9-18
[The following was submitted by the Route 1 SportsPlex in Danvers.]
The Route 1 SportsPlex in Danvers is pleased to announce that it has partnered with several prominent coaches throughout the North Shore to launch a unique developmental program for young baseball and softball players between the ages of 9 and 18.
The Academy is designed for young athletes who are passionate about their sport and committed to improving their game, and who also have the discipline and character to excel both on and off the field.
The Academy’s extensive training is ideal for young players looking to significantly improve the critical skills necessary to succeed on the baseball or softball field. In addition, The Academy’s program willbe equally focused on developing each player’s knowledge and understanding of the mental sideof the game. Through the extensive use of video analysis and classroom instruction, The Academy’s professional coaching staff will be committed to insuring that every player steps on the diamond with a firm grasp of the fundamentals of the game.
Program highlights include:
- Coaching and instruction provided by experienced, high-quality professionals
- Membership/access to the area's premier indoor training facility – Route 1 SportsPlex
- A comprehensive training and development program (2-3 practices per week in the off-season, robust game and tournament schedule during the outdoor season with 1-2 practices per week, also controlled scrimmages, etc.)
- Functional sports performance training with Certified Personal Trainers (position-specific regimens, speed and agility, MAX velocity throwing, etc.)
- Discounts on all programs, clinics and lessons conducted at the Route 1 SportsPlex
- Uniforms, equipment and team apparel
The Academy will operate out of the region’s premier indoor sports complex, the Route 1 SportsPlex. This 40,000-square-foot facility offers an unmatched combination of indoor turffields (two separate 100 foot by 100 foot SportTurf fields), 10 full-sized batting cages, a personal training area with Certified Personal Trainers on site, a large function area (for birthday parties, team and
parent meetings, etc), snack bar, video arcade room and more.
The Academy has assembled an experienced and highly qualified staff of coaches who haveall played and/or coached at the highest levels of the game. The staff members were selected based on several key criteria, but having a high degree of competence as a communicator and teacher of the game was of paramount importance. Coaches invited to participate in the program all possess a demonstrated love for the game, a willingness and devotion to teaching the fundamentals, and the ability to motivate and inspire young athletes.
Many of the coaches and instructors affiliated with the Academy are on staff at some of the preeminent high school and college programs throughout the North Shore, including Colleen Newbury, Mike Gibeley, Danielle Mason, Lorin Slade Buksa and Jen Elwell on the softball side, and Jack Antonelli, Matt Antonelli, Scott Bevan, BJ Weed, Pete Soteropoulos, Dave Babiarz, Brian Lentz and Nelson Castro on the baseball side.
Remaining tryout dates for the 2012-2013 season:
- 9U & 10U, Aug 13 at Bishop Fenwick
- 11U & 12U, Aug 13 at Bishop Fenwick
- 13U & 14U, Aug 14 at Bishop Fenwick
- 15U thru 18U, Aug 14 at Bishop Fenwick
- 10U thru 18U, Aug. 14 and 18 at Bishop Fenwick
If you are unable to make any of the dates listed above, please contact 978-777-2888 toschedule a private workout. Candidates for the Academy are only required to attend one tryout to be evaluated. For additional information and to sign up please visit: www.route1sportsplex.com/Route_1_Sportsplex_home1.html