5 Places To Get A Refreshing Treat This Summer
This week's Patch Picks provides you with a resource for finding summer eats: ice cream, smoothies, and more.
Patch Picks highlights editor and reader picks of great local businesses, destinations, services, organizations, ways to spend a day off and more.
So, this week we asked, where do you like to go for a refreshing treat? Here are our Patch Picks for places in Danvers to check out on a hot summer day:
1. Goodies Ice Cream: With its pink, checkered 50's style motif, Goodies offers ice-cream, slush, cakes, and more. Plus, if you're adventurous you can try "Oh My Goodies," a dish consisting of 10 scoops and unlimited toppings, with the challenge for a single person to finish it in under 10 minutes.
2. Daily Harvest Cafe: Daily Harvest is the first place in the North Shore to offer Harvest Berry Frozen Yogurt, a new craze that's taking over on the West Coast. The frozen yogurt is offered with fresh-fruit toppings, such as mango, strawberry and blueberries. Healthy and delicious? We'll take it.
3. Cherry Farm Creamery: With 30 homemade ice cream flavors, non-dairy fruit sorbet, lowfat soft serve, frozen yogurt, and sugar-free ice cream, there is something for everyone here. Plus, Cherry Farm is offering a special Bruins sundae, consisting of reverse chocolate chip ice-cream, hot fudge, and butterscotch topping, gold whipped cream, and black and yellow toppings.
4. Each Peach Cafe: If you like organic ice cream, Each Peach Cafe's chocolate and vanilla ice creams will satisfy your taste buds. They also have coffee and fruit smoothies, their signature being a blend of peaches, orange, yogurt, and vanilla.
5. Sunberries Smoothies and Espresso: Sunberries offers four different types of smoothie menus: traditional (which includes mochachino and orange creamsicle-yum!), performance, power, and low carb.