5 Things Danvers Wants Under the Christmas Tree
If the giant tree in Danvers Square had presents under it for the town, what do you think they should be?
Have a present for Danvers you'd like to add? Let us know in the comments.
1. Route 128 Construction: The Mass. Department of Transportation has been at it for quite some time, and it would be a great Christmas present for Danvers for the construction on Route 128 at exits 22 and 23 to be complete.
2. DHS Renovations: The brand new Field House will be done in January, and the rest of the project will be finished around April Vacation of this year.
3. Taco Bell: For the Mexican fast food lovers in Danvers, Taco Bell on Endicott Street couldn't come soon enough. It's was a little behind the scheduled opening date, but the grand opening sign went up right in time for Christmas.
4. A new restaurant: Back in August, we polled our readers on which type of new restaurant they'd like to see in Danvers. The leader? Five Guys Burgers and Fries. Up next? A vegetarian spot. Maybe one of the two will been seen in Danvers in 2012.
5. $100,000 for the Danvers Public Schools. This one isn't too far out of reach! Vote for the Elliott's Christmas decorations in Patch's Deck the House contest and we could win a huge chuck of money for the Danvers schools. Vote here.