5 Things To Know on Dec. 13: More Than 100 Flu Shots Still Available
A great way to start the day with a quick look at the events and happenings in town.
Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Thursday, Dec. 13.
1. Typical: Thursday’s weather will be a rather typical mid-December day – mostly sunny skies with temperatures in the lower 40s.
2. Fitzgerald: It was exactly a year ago, on Dec. 13, 2012, that 18-month-old Saoirse Fitzgerald of Danvers passed away after battling Neuroblastoma. The Fitzgerald Cancer Fund has been organized with the goal of putting an end to Neuroblastoma. The fund had recently organized an online auction to raise money.
3. Hank: Channel 7’s Hank Phillippi Ryan will be appearing on Thursday morning at the North Shore Women in Business’s Breakfast at Danversport Yacht Club starting at 7 a.m. Ryan returns to Danvers after a talk and book signing recently at the Peabody Institute Library.
4. Flu Clinic: The town has already held some flu clinics but still has 153 flu shots remaining. So on Thursday, it will hold another flu clinic from 5-7 p.m. at the Senior Center. The clinic is open to anyone age nine and up. Residents should also bring their insurance cards.
5. Recreation: The town Recreation Committee meets on Thursday at 7 p.m. at the Senior Center, where it will get an update on many projects that are ongoing, including the rail trail and dog park as well as an update on harbor activities.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.