5 Things To Know on Dec. 17: Donations to Danvers Food Pantry
A great way to start the day with a quick look at the events and happenings in town.
Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Monday, Dec. 17.
1. Rain: Monday is forecasted to be a rainy day, with on and off showers under clouds and fog with temperatures in the 40s.
2. Meats and Cleats: All the donations from the weekend food collection event “Meats and Cleats” run by Danvers Youth Soccer will be donated to Danvers Food Pantry today. The soccer club collected food at both games at the Topsfield Arena and Danvers Indoor Sports Center rover the weekend.
3. Meteors: The best meteor show of the hear wraps up on Monday night. The Geminid Meteor Shower has been occurring since last week and peaked on Thursday night. With the forecast, it looks like we may miss out of seeing any meteors before the end of the shower, but if the sky clears there will be one last chance on Monday night to see the show in the sky.
4. Decorations: There’s two impressive home, all decked out for the holidays, that are in the running to possibly win $500 to cover their electric bill and $100,000 toward the Danvers Public Schools in Patch’s “Deck the House” contest. One national winner will get $100,000. You can still either vote for your favorite or enter another home that can be part of the contest.
5. Ornament Swap: The Rainbow Girls will hold an ornament swap for daughters and mothers on Monday at the Masonic Temple on High Street. The event is free and each participants, which is for girls between 11 and 16, should bring a wrapped ornament worth between $5 and $10. Pizza, cake and drinks will also be served. The event is designed for promote the International Order of Rainbow for Girls in Danvers.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.