5 Things To Know on Feb. 27: Student Cafe Reopens with $5 Lunches
A great way to start the day with a quick look at the events and happenings in town.
Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily source for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Wednesday, Feb. 27.
1. Rain: Wednesday will be a rainy day, with more than an inch of rain expected by the end of the day. The temperature will be in the 40s and winds will blow from the east up to 20 miles per hour.
2. Lunch: The best lunch deal in town returns on Wednesday, and you can help local students prepare for their career. The Scholar’s Den reopens for the second semester on Wednesday at North Shore Community College's Essex Agricultural School campus. Full meals are served at 11 a.m. or 11:45 a.m. for $5. Call ahead for reservations.
3. Fair: The Topsfield Fair may be eight months away, but the fair is looking for college interns this summer and fall, according to a recent post on its Facebook page.
4. Senate: Wednesday marks the deadline for candidates for the U.S. Senate special election to submit their required 10,000 signatures to get on the ballot by 5 p.m. The primary is scheduled for April 30 and the general election is scheduled for June 5 to fill to seat left open when John Kerry became the Secretary of State. It is being filled temporarily by William “Mo” Cowen.
5. Investment: The North Shore Technology Council presents a program on Wednesday morning titled: “Venture and Angel Investment is Possible” where speakers at the Danversport Yacht Club “will unravel the mystery of how successful venture or angel funding is accomplished.” The program runs 7-9 a.m. and the cost is $25 for members and $50 for non-members.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.