5 Things To Know on Jan. 25: Where to Get Girl Scout Cookies This Weekend
A great way to start the day with a quick look at the events and happenings in town.
Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Friday, Jan. 25.
1. Cold Again: The forecast for temperatures on Friday call for it to be slightly “warmer,” with the temperature getting into the low 20s. The sky will be mostly cloudy and the west wind may gust to 24 miles per hour, creating wind chill factors as low as -6 degrees.
2. Cookies Are Here!: Girl Scout cookie sales continue this weekend. They’ll be on sale at Market Basket on Saturday from 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
3. Senator Lovely: Joan Lovely, the newly elected state Senator to the Second Essex District that includes Danvers, with address the North Shore Business Forum on Friday morning during its meeting at Danversport Yacht Club from 7:30-8:30 a.m. Lovely said she will give “an insider view” from the first three weeks on Beacon Hill and preview upcoming legislative issues that will impact small businesses on the North Shore.
4. MMA: The Massachusetts Municipal Association, a nonprofit association that works on behalf of cities and town, is hosting its annual conference on Friday and Saturday at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston. Gov. Deval Patrick will address the group this morning and Lt. Gov. Tim Murray is scheduled to speak on Friday evening.
5. Sister Act: The Danvers Recreation Department is leading a trip to Boston on Friday night to see “Sister Act!” at the Boston Opera House. Miss out on this trip? The Recreation Department also has trips planned to “Jersey Boys,” “The Book of Mormon” and “Wicked.”
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.