5 Things To Know on Jan. 3: Orange Leaf Now Open
A great way to start the day with a quick look at the events and happenings in town.
Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Thursday, Jan. 3.
1. Freezing: Thursday morning is expected to be the coldest start to the day in a year, with temperatures not forecasted to even get all that high during the day. The sky will be sunny, the high temperature will be in the mid-20s and the wind chill will be as low as -5 degrees.
2. Jobs: Emeritus at Cherry Hill, a retirement complex on Conant Street, is hosting a job fair on Thursday. Some of the open jobs include resident assistants on all shifts, wellness nurses, wait staff, cooks, housekeepers and concierge. The jobs vary from full-time to part-time and per diem. Interviews and tours will be held from 6-9 a.m. and 1:30- 4:30 p.m.
3. Orange Leaf: There’s been a lot of buzz in the past few days about the opening of Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt on High Street in Danvers Square. It was originally planned to open in October and the opening was bumped back to December. And it opened on Monday.
4. Pan-Mass: Registration opens for “alumni” of the Pan-Mass Challenge on Thursday for the 2013 edition, the bicycle ride that spans the state each summer. The 34th annual ride will happen Aug. 3 and 4 this year. Registration for “newcomers” opens on Jan. 17. Last year, 10 riders from Danvers were part of the more than 5,000 participants that raised $37 million toward cancer research.
5. Selectmen: The Board of Selectmen meet on Thursday at 7 p.m. at Town Hall, a Thursday meeting because the typical Tuesday meeting day was a holiday this week. The board has on its agenda a plan to hear from Police Chief Neil Ouellette about the town’s bylaw regulating second hank junk dealer’s license that regulate pawn shops.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.