5 Things To Know on Jan. 8: Dog Park Committee Works Toward May Opening
A great way to start the day with a quick look at the events and happenings in town.
Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Tuesday, Jan. 8.
1. Cold Start: Tuesday morning is expected to be the coldest morning of the week, followed by a sunny day with temperatures into the 40s.
2. Dog Park: The Friends of Danvers Dog Park meets on Tuesday night in the community room at People’s United Bank in Danvers Square at 6:30 p.m. The committee continue to raise money and make plans to create a dog park at Endicott Park, which is hopes to have open in May.
3. Starting a Business: Learn what you need to know on Tuesday about starting a new business during a program at the Enterprise Center at Salem State University. “Starting a Business: What You Need to Know” is free and runs 8:30-10:30 a.m.
4. Films: Heritage Films return to Hollywood Hits on Tuesday, with films at 11:30 a.m., noon and 12:30 p.m. and tickets are $5.
5. Planning Board: The Planning Board meets on Tuesday night at 7 p.m. at Danvers Town Hall, where it will hear plans to move a Dunkin Donuts location from an Exxon station on the northbound side of Route 1 to a Mobil station on the southbound side of Route 1. The board will also hear plans to renovate the Ira Porsche dealership.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.