5 Things To Know on Jan. 9: Early Release for the Schools
A great way to start the day with a quick look at the events and happenings in town.
Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Wednesday, Jan. 9.
1. 40s: The temperature is forecasted to get well into the 40s on Wednesday, with cloudy skies and light wind.
2. Half Day: Wednesday is an early release day at the schools, with Danvers High School and Holten-Richmond Middle School getting out at 12:45 p.m. and all elementary schools at 1:15 p.m. Lunch will be served. The afternoon will be used for professional development for faculty and staff.
3. Obamacare: Leaders at two North Shore hospitals will address the North Shore Chamber of Commerce on Wednesday morning at Danversport Yacht Club with a discussion about the Affordable Care Act, commonly called Obamacare. Robert Norton, President and CEO of North Shore Medical Center and Dr. Howard Grant, President and CEO of Lahey Clinic will present an “Update on the Affordable Care Act and What Lies Ahead for North Shore Medical Center and Lahey Clinic" starting at 7:15 a.m.
4. Community College: North Shore Community College is offering an “On-The-Spot Admissions Session” on Wednesday morning. The college is still accepting students for the spring semester. Bring your college diploma, GED or college transcripts to room 105 at the Health Professions/Student Services Building from 10-11:30 a.m. For more information, contact Kathy Blakeman at email@example.com, 781-477-2107 or Sheila Girard at firstname.lastname@example.org, 978-762-4042.
5. Library Trustees: The Board of Trustees at the Peabody Institute Library meet on Wednesday at 7 p.m. at the library in the archives.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.