5 Things To Know on March 1: Free Pet Checkups this Weekend
A great way to start the day with a quick look at the events and happenings in town.
Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily source for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Friday, March 1.
1. Mix: The sky on Friday is forecasted to be a mix of clouds and sun, with the temperature topping out at about 40 degrees. There’s a chance of a shower.
2. Photo Contest: Salem Sound Coastwatch is running a photo contest, and the deadline to enter had been today. Good news – the deadline has been extended to March 18. Here is Danvers, some of the suggested places to snap a photo include the Crane, Danvers, Porter and Waters rivers and Mill Pond. The winner takes home $100 plus $50 for the best photo from each city and town in the Salem Sound watershed.
3. Museum: Friday marks the final day to sign up for the summer programs at a discounted rate up at Wenham Museum. Programs are part of the “History Alive” program and include sessions of the Civil War, a Fashion Design Workshop and Legos.
4. Pet Checkup: You can get a free checkup of your pet’s oral health this weekend at Petsmart. Banfield Pet Hospital and Greenies are hosting the free checkups on both Saturday and Sunday from 2-4 p.m. at the store on Route 114.
5. Art Contest: The 6th Congressional District High School Art Competition and Exhibition takes place next weekend, but entries in the juried competition will start to be accepted on Friday night. The contest is being hosted by Montserrat College of Art in Beverly and entries can be dropped off on Friday, March 1 from 3-7 p.m. and on Saturday, March 2 from 12-5 p.m. at 301 Cabot St. Gallery in Beverly. It is open to all high school students from public and private schools in the 6th Congressional District, including Danvers.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.