5 Things To Know on March 5: North Shore Business Expo Comes to Town
A great way to start the day with a quick look at the events and happenings in town.
Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily source for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Tuesday, March 5.
1. Warmer: Clouds will still linger on Tuesday but the temperature will get a little higher than Monday – up to the mid-40s. There’s an outside chance of a morning shower and there will be a light north wind.
2. Expo: The annual North Shore Business Expo comes to DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore on Tuesday, with a full day of events planned. Businesses from all across the region will take part and there will be several seminars and panels discussions for local business leaders.
3. Blogs: Have you checked our "Local Voices" blogs? Just in the past few days we have two blogs with tax advice and a local photographer offering photo tips.
4. Sports: The past few days have been full of excitement over the success of “Danvers Nation” with two big wins by the boys hockey team and a win from the boys basketball team over Minuteman Technical High School.
5. Slots: The public meeting that the Board of Selectmen had discussed about holding regarding the slots parlor proposal on Tuesday at Danvers High School will not happen. A representative from the company, The Cordish Companies of Maryland, has asked the town to postpone the meeting. A new date has not yet been set.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.