5 Things To Know on Nov. 12: Water Plant is Back in Service
A great way to start the day with a quick look at the events and happenings in town.
Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Monday, Nov. 12.
1. Warm: Monday is forecasted to be a spectacularly beautiful mid-November day, with temperatures well into the 60s and sunny skies.
2. Veterans: Veterans will be honored in Danvers on Monday at the Senior Center, will the ceremonies starting at exactly 10:58 a.m. with a two minute drum roll followed by a gun salute by the Danvers Alarm List. It is open to all.
3. Water Plant: The Vernon C. Russell Water Treatment Plant will reopen on Monday. It is the town’s primary water source but was taken offline in late September as part of a $21 million project to upgrade and expand the plant. While the plant was offline, the town went to Level 6 water restrictions banning all outdoor water use and that should be dropped once the plant goes back into use.
4. Holiday: Monday is the observed holiday for Veterans Day, meaning that Danvers Public Schools and government offices are closed. There is no mail delivery and some businesses may be closed or have different hours so call ahead.
5. Deals: There are literally dozens of deals offered to veterans and active-duty members of the military on Veterans Day. With Veterans Day falling on a Sunday, and being observed on Monday, some of the deals are valid one day and some on the other. We assembled a full list, with many of the businesses located right here in Danvers. If you are a veteran, or have a relative, friend or neighbor that is a relative, share the list with them.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.