5 Things To Know on Nov. 15: Smoking Out
A great way to start the day with a quick look at the events and happenings in town.
Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Thursday, Nov. 15.
1. Repeat: Thursday’s weather will largely be a repeat of Wednesday – a beautiful sunny day with temperatures in the 40s.
2. High Tide: Another very high tide is in store on Thursday at 11:34 a.m. and the National Weather Service has issued a coastal flood advisory for 10 a.m. through 1 p.m. for “vulnerable” areas during the unusually high tide.
3. Idol: Danvers Ford is hosting a fundraising event on Thursday night in the theme of “American Idol” that will raise money for Northeast ARC and introduce attendees to the new Ford Fusion. On Thursday, for everyone who visits Danvers Ford from 5:30-8 p.m. $10 will be donated to NortheastARC. And While at the dealership, people will compete to win a special VIP experience with American Idol by viewing a special message from Ryan Seacrest and testing their judging skills on camera
4. Smokeout: Thursday marks this year’s “Great American Smokeout,” an event that encourages smokers to quit. It is the 37th annual event that is organized by the American Cancer Society.
5. Beverly Hospital: A new interim CEO takes over on Thursday at Northeast Health System, the parent company of Beverly Hospital and Beverly Hospital at Danvers. Denis Conroy, chief integration officer at Lahey Health System and former executive vice president and chief financial officer at Northeast Health System, will become the interim president. He replaced Ken Hanover, who has resigned after three years at the helm of the company as it established an affiliation with Lahey. Hanover will continue to be executive vice president and chief strategy officer for Leahy through Dec. 31.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.