5 Things To Know on Oct. 8: Apple Season Continues
A great way to start the day with a quick look at the events and happenings in town.
Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Monday, Oct. 8.
1. Cooler: It is shaping up to be sunny, but cool, on Monday. The forecast calls for clear skies with temperatures topping out in the 50s.
2. Final Day: The final day of the Topsfield Fair is on Monday. It is open the regular hours of 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
3. Apples: The apple-picking season got off to an earlier than usual start this year, kicking into gear in late August. But it is still going. Right here in Danvers, you can pick apples at Connors Farm. Plus, there are other options nearby in places such as Ipswich and Boxford.
4. Columbus Day: Monday is Columbus Day, a federal holiday. Banks and government offices are closed and other businesses may be open at their discretion with the possibility of different hours. Check our lists of what’s open and closed today.
5. Fire Prevention: Fire Prevention Week starts on Monday, marking a week each fall with increased efforts by public safety crews to educate children and those of all ages about the best way to prevent fires.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.