5 Things To Know Today in Danvers: Aug. 24
A great way to start the day with a quick look at the events and happenings in town.
Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Friday, Aug. 24.
1. Beauty: The weather forecast is calling for another beautiful day on Friday, with sunny skies and temperatures into the 80s. This is certainly a great routine we’ve gotten into with the weather.
2. Free Fun: The weekly Free Fun Friday feature, which includes free admission to museums and other landmarks all summer long, is almost over. Earlier this summer, it included nearby venues such as Peabody-Essex Museum and Wenham Museum. This Friday is the next to last week and includes five locations - the closest in the U.S.S. Constitution Museum.
3. Rt. 95 Bridge: Friday is expected to be the final morning where work will be happening on I-95 southbound bridge over Lowell Street in Peabody, which had caused backups at rush hour each morning all the week because the for lanes had been narrowed down to tow lanes. The work is expected to be complete by the end of the day on Friday.
4. Yard Sales: Patch is a great place to both find local yard sales and let everyone know about the yard sale you are having. Check Danvers Patch later on Friday for a roundup of the yard sales planned in Danvers this weekend.
5. Hurricane: Do you remember this Friday a year ago? We were prepping for the arrival of Hurricane Irene. The storm wasn’t much here, but areas to our north and west got walloped. And it seems as if this year’s hurricane season is on the same pace, as we have all heard about Hurricane Isaac, which appears headed toward Florida and the Gulf states.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.