5 Things To Know Today in Danvers: Aug. 8
A great way to start the day with a quick look at the events and happenings in town.
Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Wednesday, Aug. 8.
1. Muggier: It is expected to get muggier on Wednesday after two absolutely perfect days to start the week. The skies will be sunny and temperatures will get well into the 80s.
2. Parade: The annual parade for summer playground participants is on Wednesday evening. It kicks off at 6 p.m. at Plains Park and makes its way through downtown.
3. Concert: Britannica comes to Danvers on Wednesday night and brings its British rock to the summer concert series. The band plays everything from the Beatles and Moody Blues to the Rolling Stones and The Who. The concert starts at 6 p.m. at the pavilion at the Peabody Institute Library – remember to bring a chair.
4. School Bus: Wednesday is the final day to register and pay for school bus service for the upcoming school year. Registration is 2-6 p.m. at Holten-Richmond Middle School. Anyone with questions can call Julie O’Brien at 978-774-4800 ex. 2219.
5. Gas: The least expensive gallon of regular gas in Danvers on Tuesday was $3.55 per gallon at the (relatively) new Stop and Shop gas station on Route 1. Downtown, Phillips 66 and High Street Service both had it for $3.63, while a majority of stations were selling it for $3.69.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our Events Calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.