5 Things To Know Today in Danvers: Sept. 11
A great way to start the day with a quick look at the events and happenings in town.
Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Tuesday, Sept. 11.
1. More Sun: Tuesday is forecasted to be a sunny day – another great fall-like day with temperatures in the upper 60s getting close to 70.
2. Blodgett: The Danvers Kiwanis Club will hear from District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett on Tuesday. The club meets at noon at Danversport Yacht Club and Blodgett is expected to give an update that will include some information about the recent texting and driving case that was prosecuted in May plus field questions from members.
3. Maze: The fall tradition of a corn maze at Connors Farm got going last weekend. The maze, with the theme “The Witches of Salem,” opened on Saturday and runs through Halloween on Oct. 31. All through September, it is open 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday through Friday and opens an hour earlier on weekends. The cost is $12.95 for everyone age 3 and up on weekends and $9.95 on weekdays, except seniors age 65 and up are $9.95 and $8.95, respectively.
4. Pets: When a family pet goes missing, the number one way to get out the word seems to be to print up a flier and tack it to utility poles, sign posts and around the neighborhood. But don’t forget about Patch. In just a minute or two, you can post the information to Danves Patch as an announcement, complete with a photo.
5. Planning Board: The Danvers Planning Board meets on Tuesday night at Town Hall, where it will consider a plan for McDonalds to install a new sidewalk at its restaurant on High Street plus also informally discuss the possibility of an expansion of Millipore on Cherry Hill Drive.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.