5 Things To Know Today in Danvers: Sept. 12
A great way to start the day with a quick look at the events and happenings in town.
Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Wednesday, Sept. 12.
1. Summer is Coming Back: Forecasters say that a summer feeling will return on Wednesday, with sunny skies and temperatures getting into the lower 80s. In short, the day is expected to be “gorgeous.”
2. Dog Biscuits: Dennis Bourgault, the owner of New England Dog Biscuit Co. in Danvers Square, is the featured speaker at the 2nd Annual Pet Industry Executive Summit on Wednesday in Las Vegas. Bourgault will be on the on the panel “Survive and Thrive Secrets: Who’s Profiting from New Products and Services.”
3. Trails and Sails: The Trails and Sails event – which will span all of Essex County with hundreds of free events later this month – officially kicks off on Wednesday. The event happens at TD Bank on Cabot Street in Beverly. Wednesday evening’s event starts at 5 p.m. with an interpretive walk through Beverly’s history that ends with cocktails and “treats.” The complete Trails and Sails program happens on Sept. 21-23 and Sept. 28-30.
4. Square Dance: Riverside Squares, a Danvers–based square dancing club, is offering a free night of introduction to Square Dancing on Wednesday at 7 p.m. They group meets at Calvary Episcopal Church across from Town Hall. A 15-week session of classes then starts on Sept. 19 and costs $65 per person.
5. Hathorne Hill: State and local officials are scheduled to get a look inside Hathorne Hill, a new $14 million rehabilitation and care center near Beverly Hospital at Danvers with a hard hat tour on Wednesday. When complete, the new 72,000 square-foot center will replace Cedar Glen Care and Rehabilitation, whose residents will be transferred to Hathorne Hill.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.