5 Things To Know Today in Danvers: Sept. 13
A great way to start the day with a quick look at the events and happenings in town.
Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Thursday, Sept. 13.
1. Sun: Thursday is shaping up to be a classic sunny day, with a high temperatures of about 80 degrees.
2. Governor Patrick: Gov. Deval Patrick will visit Abiomed in the Cherry Hill Industrial Park on Thursday afternoon to discuss the state’s life sciences sector. Afterward, he plans to head to the event honoring outgoing state Sen. Fred Berry at Danversport Yacht Club. Before coming to Danvers, Patrick will celebrate the opening of 26 new Innovation Schools in Massachusetts at Carlton Elementary School in Salem.
3. Richard Tisei: It will be a busy day at Abiomed on Thursday, which will also host a visit from Congressional candidate Richard Tisei for a breakfast reception hosted by MassMEDIC. Tisei, a Republican, is challenging U.S. Rep. John Tierney, D-Salem to represent to Sixth Congressional District.
4. Five Guys: Just over the town line in Peabody, the burger chain Five Guys opened a new restaurant this week. The Washington, D.C.-based chain has surged into the region in the past few years and also has locations in Swampscott and Saugus.
5. Open Space: The Open Space and Recreation Committee meets on Thursday evening. The committee’s agenda includes a review of the weekend work schedule this fall for the Swampwalk and an overview of the recent donations that have come in. The meeting is at 6 p.m. in the Town Manager’s conference room at Town Hall.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.