5 Things To Know Today in Danvers: Sept. 18
A great way to start the day with a quick look at the events and happenings in town.
Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Tuesday, Sept. 18.
1. Wet: By Tuesday evening, a rainstorm with gusty winds is expected to move in. Before that, it will be cloudy with temperatures in the 70s with a chance of a shower.
2. Class of ‘77: Tuesday is the deadline to mail in payments for the Danvers High School Class of 1977 reunion events scheduled for Sept. 28 and 29. There’s an event on Sept. from 7 p.m. – midnight at the Village Green and on Saturday, Sept. 29 there will be a luncheon from 1– 4:30 p.m. at the Danversport Yacht Club. The total cost is $35 for one event or $65 for both and checks should be payable to DHS Class of 1977 and mailed to Lisa (Moulton) Brown; c/o Cabinetry By Design; 56 North Putnam St.; Danvers MA 01923.
3. Foliage: Have you noticed some trees are already changing colors? While peak foliage in our area is still many weeks away, trees here and there have already changed color. It typically starts with the “swamp Maples.”
4. CarFit: A program called CarFit is coming to Danvers and a training program will be held on Tuesday at the Senior Center for volunteers in the program. Danvers Police Officer Suzanne Tibbitts will host a 4-hour workshop from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. for volunteers that would like to be trained technicians in the program, which is designed to “promote conversations among older adults and families about driving safety.”
5. Selectmen: The Danvers Board of Selectmen meet on Tuesday night at 7 p.m. at Town Hall, where it will hear a report from Police Chief Neil Ouellette about recent liquor license violations potential violations of the Town bylaws regulating the sale of junk and Second-hand items.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.