5 Things To Know Today in Danvers: Sept. 20
A great way to start the day with a quick look at the events and happenings in town.
Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Thursday, Sept. 20.
1. Dog Park: Friends of Danvers Dog Park is holding a fundraiser at Texas Roadhouse on Thursday night from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. Tell your server that you are there for the fundraiser and 10 percent of the sales will be donated to the dog park effort. The Friends will also have a raffle table set up at the door from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
2. McDonalds: School is back in session and McDonalds is looking to get some students on board as employees. All McDonalds restaurants across New England are holding the hiring event on Thursday afternoon from 3-5 p.m. when, combined, they hope to hire 1,800 workers.
3. Dolphins: The final tryout for the Danvers YMCA Dolfins swim team is Thursday from 4:30-5:30 p.m. at the Y. The team is open to swimmers ages 6-18. If you have nay questions, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Storytime: Storytime from the library shows up at the mall on Thursday as Joann from the Peabody Institute Library in Danvers hosts a children’s storytime in the Liberty Tree Mal food court starting at 11 a.m. They will also enjoy a song and craft. The event is sponsored by Pizzeria Regina.
5. Jonathan Blodgett: Essex District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett is hosting his annual Policymakers' Breakfast on Thursday morning at CoCo Key Hotel. Blodgett said Melodee Hanes, Acting Administrator of the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention; Michael Gottlieb, National Director of the High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area Program and Staca Shehan, Director of Case Analysis at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children will all address a crowd made up of school superintendents, police chiefs, mayors, town managers and state legislators from across the county.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.