5 Things To Know Today in Danvers: Sept. 21
A great way to start the day with a quick look at the events and happenings in town.
Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Friday, Sept. 21.
1. Sun: Friday’s weather should include plenty of sun in the sky and typically September temperatures – in the 60s and possibly getting into the lower 70s.
2. Summer: Friday is the last full day of summer 2012. Autumn officially starts at 10:49 a.m. on Saturday.
3. Wipeout: Based on the feedback to a story we ran last month, there’s a lot of anticipation for the “Wipeout: course that is planned to open to the public later this year. On Groupon, a discount for advance admission tickets to the obstacle course were the 5th highest selling coupon in recent weeks in greater Boston. In an e-mail announcement on Thursday, Groupon said it sold more than 1,900 passes. It was bested only by restaurant and golf deals.
4. iPhone: The much-hyped iPhone 5 goes on sale on Friday. If you have not preordered and still want to buy one, we gave you a list earlier this week of local retailers that carry the iPhone. But there’s no promise they will have the iPhone 5 in stock.
5. Chamber: The North Shore Chamber of Commerce is looking for new members, and members are meeting on Friday morning to make plans for that effort. The annual New Member Campaign is planned for Oct. 10 and 11.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.