5 Things To Know Today in Danvers: Sept. 5
A great way to start the day with a quick look at the events and happenings in town.
Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Wednesday, Sept. 5.
1. Rain: Wednesday will be a rainy day – plain and simple. The temperature will be in the 80s. There’s a chance the sun may peek through for a moment later in the day.
2. School: It is the first day of school on Wednesday for all Danvers Public School students. Use caution at opening and closing times and be on the lookout for students walking and for the buses and parents on the road.
3. Tierney: U.S. Rep. John Tierney, D-Salem, will be the featured guest before the North Shore Chamber of Commerce on Wednesday morning at the Danversport Yacht Club. Tierney is expected to speak before more than 200 members at the breakfast event. His Republican challenger, Richard Tisei, will speak before the group early next month.
4. McDonalds: One of the most asked questions in recent weeks has been folks asking us what is being built at the former Crab House property on Endicott Street. It will be a new McDonalds – the fourth in Danvers. There’s already one on Andover Street, High Street and in the mall.
5. Cruising: If it is Wednesday then it is time for Cruisin’ to the Tree, the weekly car show at Liberty Tree Mall. The event starts at 4:30 p.m. in the parking lot between Sports Authority and the police station that includes hundreds of cars.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.