5 Things To Start the Day, July 11
Your daily guide to the events and happenings in Danvers.
Welcome to 5 Things, your daily resource for community events and happenings in Danvers.
1. Happy 7-11: Every summer, July 11 is an especially ‘cool’ day thanks to a frozen freebie from 7-Eleven. Today, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., approximately 8,200 participating 7-Eleven stores in across the U.S. will give away free 7.11-ounce Slurpee drinks--including the one in Danvers.
2. Today we're going to be snapping photos from the annual Firemen's Muster at Endicott Park. Be sure to check back tomorrow morning for a photo gallery from the festivities.
3. Tonight the Peabody Institute Library is hosting a Poetry Workshop and Open Mic Night at 6 p.m. Local poet and creative writing professor J.D. Scrimgeour will lead the poetry workshop followed by the quarterly open mic night. If you would like to perform, please sign up at the Reference Desk or by phone at 978-774-0554.
4. Don't forget: Back At It will be at Liberty Tree Mall on Aug. 11 from 12-3 p.m. If you own a family-friendly business and are interested in attending, please call 978-777-0795 or email AKeating@simon.com before it's too late. See event for more details here.
5. Today's weather: Sunny, with a high near 83.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our Events Calendar.
To send us a 5 Things photo, email firstname.lastname@example.org