5 Things To Start the Day, June 14
Your daily guide to the events and happenings in Danvers.
Welcome to 5 Things, your daily resource for community events and happenings in Danvers. Here are five things to start the day, June 14.
1. Tonight Dr. Margeret Ward, Professor Emerita, at Wellesley College, and author of the recently published “Missing Mila, Finding Family: An International Adoption in the Shadow of the Salvadoran Civil War,” will be speaking at Calvary Episcopal Church, about the personal and moving chronicle of adopting a young boy from an orphanage in Honduras, and the repercussions on their family after they birth a son, make a family with the two boys, and hear, suddenly, 14 years later, from the adopted boy’s birth family. The free event begins at 7 p.m.
2. Today Danvers Patch is teaming up with fellow North Shore Patch sites at Salem's Farmers Market, from 3-7 p.m at Derby Square. If you're in the area, or want to stop by for some fresh produce, be sure to come say hi!
3. Don't forget to get dad a Fathers Day present. We scoped out Danvers for the easiest local ideas, and here's the list of gift ideas we came up with. If you know of another good idea or spot to check out in town, let us know in the comments!
4. The Arbella Drum and Bugle Corps is looking for new members. Check out this blog post from Lauren Poussard to learn more.
5. Today's Weather: Mostly sunny, with a high near 71.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our Events Calendar.
To send us a 5 Things photo, email firstname.lastname@example.org.