5 Things To Start the Day, May 10
Your daily guide to the events and happenings in Danvers.
Welcome to 5 Things, your daily resource for community events, happenings in town, and little tidbits of information. Here are five things to start the day, May 10, in Danvers:
1. Tonight Notre Dame football coach, St. John's Prep alum Brian Kelly is going to be speaking at Danversport Yacht Club, sponsored by the St. John’s Prep Alumni Association. Learn more about the event here.
2. Tonight Dr. Melanie Joy is bringing her national speaking tour to Danvers, presenting her acclaimed slide show based on her book “Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs, and Wear Cows: An Introduction to Carnism.” The event, held at Calvary Episcopal Church, is free and open to the public. Dr. Joy will be available to sign books immediately after the lecture.
3. Today's 5 Things Photo: Resident Michael Randall added some great shots of baby birds hatching to our Pics and Clips gallery. Thanks for the great photos, Michael!
4. A message from DEEP's Facebook page: "DEEP is holding a MEMBERSHIP DRIVE at Texas Roadhouse in Danvers! If you buy a FAMILY membership to DEEP before June 15th for $25, you will receive a Texas Roadhouse Gift Card for a "dinner for 2" valued at $30. That's right, a $30 value for a $25 family membership! The "dinner for 2" gift card must be used at one sitting, no remaining value can be exchanged for money."
5. Today's Weather: Showers, mainly before noon. Patchy fog before 2pm. High near 67.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our Events Calendar.
To send us a 5 Things photo, email firstname.lastname@example.org.