5 Things To Start the Day, May 22
Your daily guide to the events and happenings in Danvers.
Welcome to 5 Things, your daily resource for community events and happenings in Danvers. Here are five things to start the day, May 22:
1. Swamp Walk Fundraiser: Tonight through Thursday night, present the Swamp Walk fundraiser coupon (today's 5 Things photo) at Texas Roadhouse and your dinner will be helping their cause!
2. While you're at the Roadhouse, D.E.E.P. will be hosting its second "Networking Night" from 5:30-7:30 p.m. The purpose is to explain the role that DEEP plays with the Danvers Public School, business owners throughout the community, and civic organizations! Learn more on their Facebook page.
3. Database Tuesdays: Here is an opportunity for the public to learn how to use some of the Peabody Institute Library's most valuable resources. Tonight the library will show you how to use the language learning database Mango, great for anyone starting a new language or anyone who wants to brush up their pronunciation. Learn more here.
4. Four Danvers students graduated from UNH this past weekend. Amanda Santacroce, earned a MA degree in Spanish, Catherine DiNitto earned a BA degree in English Teaching Magna Cum Laude, Mallory Lord earned a BA degree in English, and Renee Malionek earned a BS degree in Environ Conservation Studies. Congrats!
5. Today's Weather: A chance of showers. Areas of fog before 2pm. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 66.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our Events Calendar.
To send us a 5 Things photo, email firstname.lastname@example.org.