5 Things You Need to Know Today, April 14
Gas prices continue to climb up and up.
Today is Thursday, April 14. Here are five things you need to know:
- Today’s weather: Mostly cloudy this morning, but becoming partly sunny. Highs in the upper 50s today, low predicted for tonight in the upper 30s.
- Support for survivors: The Bertolon Center for Grief & Healing at Hospice of the North Shore & Greater Boston is offering an eight-week support group for suicide survivors on Thursdays.
- FinCom talks schools: The Finance Committee meets again tonight (7 p.m., Town Hall) to continue its 2012 budget review. Under the microscope for the evening is the proposed school budget of $32.06 million.
- Get a Head Start: North Shore Head Start, which offers a free part day and low-cost full day preschool program for eligible families from Danvers and surrounding communities, is accepting applications for the new school year.
- Where’s the cheapest gas? Read on to find out. According to BostonGasPrices.com, which collects information daily from visitors on local gas stations*, the cheapest gas – regular grade – in town today is over at Costco (11 Newbury St.) for $3.58 per gallon (members only, however). Next is Prime Energy (89 Holten St.,), $3.63, followed by USA Petroleum (8 Bridge St.), $3.69, Gulf (160 Andover St.), $3.71, Sunoco (140 Andover St.), $3.71, Shell (149 Endicott St.), $3.73, Gulf (435 Newbury St.), $3.73, Mobil (430 Newbury St.), $3.73, Gulf (100 High St.), $3.75, Shell (79-81 High St.), $3.83, and Mobil (156 Endicott St.), $3.85.
To find out what’s going on today in Danvers, check out our events listings.
* The site relies upon visitors to update and report prices and thus does not provide a comprehensive list of all gas stations in town. Feel free to add your own report in the comment section below.