5 Things You Need to Know Today, August 8
A daily guide to everything you need to know in Danvers.
Happy Monday! Start your week off in-the-know with our five things to know today, August 8:
1. According to the National Weather Service, today we can expect scattered showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 11 a.m., and temperatures in the low 70's.
2. Danvers Concert Series is featuring "Overdrive," a funky seven-piece band tonight at 6 p.m. at the Rotary Pavilion. The rain date is tomorrow, August 9.
3. The DHS Falcon Band Golf Classic will be held all day today at the Ferncroft Country Club. Proceeds are benefiting the band's upcoming trip to Hawaii in November.
4. Looking to fill up the gas tank? According to Boston Gas Prices, these are the five cheapest spots in town: Costco at 3.51, Gulf at 3.61, High Street Service at 3.63, Phillips 66 at 3.65, and Shell at 3.73.
5. Did you know August is National Peach Month? We may have already celebrated National Watermelon Day, but this week we're looking for you to send recipes, or your favorite spots in town that have a delicious peach-y dish to Editor Molly Buccini.
For a complete list of today's events in Danvers, check out our Events Calendar.