5 Things You Need to Know Today, Dec. 7
Your daily guide to the events and happenings in Danvers.
Welcome to 5 Things, your daily resource for the events and happenings in town. Here are five things you need to know today, December 7, in Danvers:
1. The annual Tree of Lights ceremony, sponsored by the Hospice of the North Shore and Greater Boston Tree of Lights, will take place tonight at 5 p.m. at People's United in Danvers Square. Each donation will support the mission of Hospice of the North Shore & Greater Boston.
2. If you see kids roaming around town this afternoon, don't assume they're playing hooky. Danvers Public Schools has announced an early release day today for development workshops.
3. Hosted by the Friends of the Peabody Institute Library, tonight the Holiday Open House will feature pianist John Arcaro and the opening of our Danvers Memories Photo Exhibit. Festive snacks and cider will be served, from 2-4 p.m.
4. The 2011 NSWIB Holiday Breakfast will take place tomorrow morning at 7:30 p.m. at the Danversport Yacht Club. The breakfast will feature the voices of the Peabody Veterans’ Memorial High School Chorale and will support the Danvers People to People Food Pantry.
5. Weather: It's beginning to feel a little more like Christmas, with a high near 46 degrees today. Showers likely, mainly before 11 a.m.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our Events Calendar.