5 Things You Need To Know Today, June 1
Everything you need to know today, June 1.
June marks the countdown to the end of the school year and the beginning of summer. Start June off with the top five things you need to know today, June 1.
1. Don't forget to purchase your tickets for the Baron Mayer Champagne Reception at the Peabody Institute Library from 5:30-7 p.m. The event will be held Friday, June 24, 6:30 to 10:00PM at Glen Magna Farms, Ingersoll St., Danvers. Cost is $55 per person, which includes champagne, wine, hors d'oeuvres, dinner, dessert and dancing. The 2011 recipient of the Baron Mayer Award for exemplary volunteer contribution to the community is Tom Leonard. For more information check out the Danvers Family Festival website.
2. Check out the first Local Author Night at the Peabody Institute Library at 7 p.m. Each author will be available to discuss his or her work, and will have copies of their books for sale at the event. Mystery, poetry and self-help are just some of the varied topics, genres and mediums that will be represented. Light refreshments will be served.
3. The Kiwanis Monthly Night Meeting is taking place tonight at the Danversport Yacht Club from 6-9 p.m.
4. The sun will be out for the majority of today with highs in the 80's, but look out for the chance of thunderstorms late afternoon and early evening.
5. The Department of Public Works is letting residents who reserved rain barrels in April know that they may pick them up at the Transfer Station on East Coast Road on Saturday, June 4 from 7:00 AM – 2:45 PM. Please contact the Transfer Station at 978-762-0252 prior to pickup, and bring a check made out to the Town of Danvers for $30 per rain barrel. No cash accepted.