5 Things You Need To Know Today, March 19
Your daily guide to the community events and happenings in Danvers.
Welcome to 5 Things, your daily resource for community events, happenings in town, and little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know today, March 19, in Danvers:
1. Another big congratulations to the new Division III Champions, the Danvers High Falcons. For all coverage from this weekend's victory, click here.
2. Today's 5 Things Photo: Jan Pecak of Danvers preparing one of many pieces to be used for yarn bombing at the Northeast Arc’s ArcWorks center. Yarn bombing is a type of graffiti or street art that employs colorful displays of knitted or crocheted cloth, rather than paint or chalk. While yarn installations--called yarn bombs or knit bombs--may last for years, they are considered non-permanent, and, unlike graffiti, can be easily removed if necessary. The installation can be seen at the Northeast Arc’s ArcWorks Community Art Center located at 22 Foster Street in Peabody.
3. Hollywood Hits, En Vogue Salon, North Shore Smiles, Bella Moda Salon, and Hyundai Village have all claimed their business listings this month. Have you claimed your business' free listing yet? Learn how here.
4. Did you know the Danvers Senior Center opened a brand new store, the Treasures Gift Shop? Find out more about the products and items they have on their Facebook page. Gift shop hours are from 8:30am—2:30pm Monday through Friday.
5. Have a favorite mechanic in town? Be sure to vote for them in this week's Best Of Readers' Choice Poll and write a review on our Patch Places directory. The poll closes at 9 a.m. on Friday morning.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our Events Calendar.
To send us a 5 Things photo, email firstname.lastname@example.org.