5 Things You Need to Know Today, March 24
Some chance of snow still on the horizon today. Register your team for the upcoming Explore Danvers Scavenger Hunt in person tonight at the library.
Today is Thursday, March 24. Here are five things you need to know:
- Today’s weather: The National Weather Service is still forecasting a chance of snow today with snow showers this evening, but the storm that was headed to the East Coast dispersed yesterday afternoon and evening. Today should be cloudy with a high of 37 degrees. New snow accumulation is predicted at less than one inch.
- Explore Danvers, register for the hunt: You can register your team in person at the library tonight for the upcoming Danvers Family Festival Scavenger Hunt.
- Get your garden started: Local gardening expert Betsy Williams will be giving a lecture at the library tonight.
- First-time homebuyer? There’s a free seminar for you then. An informational seminar will be held tonight at Town Hall.
- Where’s the cheapest gas? According to BostonGasPrices.com, which collects information daily from visitors on local gas stations*, the cheapest gas – regular grade – in town today is over at Costco for $3.32 per gallon (members only though). Next is Prime Energy (89 Holten St.), $3.39, followed by Gulf (435 Newbury St.), $3.43, Shell (149 Endicott St.), $3.43, Gulf (160 Andover St.), $3.47, Gulf (100 High St.), $3.49, Mobil (97 Maple St.), $3.49, Mobil (156 Endicott St.), $3.49, Sunoco (140 Andover St.), $3.49, and Shell (79-81 High St.), $3.53.
To find out what’s going on today in Danvers, check out our events listings.
* The site relies upon visitors to update and report prices and thus does not provide a comprehensive list of all gas stations in town. Feel free to add your own report in the comment section below.