5 Things You Need to Know Today, March 4
Gas prices still on the rise.
Today is Friday, March 4. Here are five things you need to know:
- Today’s weather: Partly sunny, with a high near 34 degrees during the day and a low of 26 tonight.
- The Wish Ball: Tickets are on sale for the upcoming Wish Ball, an evening of dinner, dancing and entertainment to support juvenile diabetes research and a local family affected by the disease. Tickets are $75.
- Film fest: The annual Salem Film Fest hosted by Cinema Salem kicks off this evening with the first few entries by local filmmakers.
- Speak So Customers Listen: The North Shore Business Forum is hosting a speaker on how to conduct successful sales calls this morning during its regular meeting at the Danversport Yacht Club.
- Gas on the rise: According to BostonGasPrices.com, which collects information daily from visitors on local gas stations*, the cheapest gas – regular grade – in town today is over at Costco for $3.29 per gallon (members only though). Just last week, Costco was still selling gasoline for $2.99 per gallon. Next is Gulf (435 Newbury St.), $3.37, followed by Gulf (160 Andover St.), $3.39, and Sunoco (140 Andover St.), $3.39, Mobil (430 Newbury St.), $3.45, Concord (112 Water St.), $3.47, Gulf (100 High St.) $3.49, Mobil (97 Maple St.), $3.49, USA Petroleum (8 Bridge St.), $3.49, Shell (79-81 High St.), $3.51, Mobil (156 Endicott St.), $3.55, and Shell (149 Endicott St.), $3.55.
To find out what’s going on today in Danvers, check out our events listings.
* The site relies upon visitors to update and report prices and thus does not provide a comprehensive list of all gas stations in town. Feel free to add your own report in the comment section below.