5 Things You Need to Know Today, March 7
Gas prices continue to rise.
Today is Monday, March 7. Here are five things you need to know:
- Today’s weather: Showers and thunderstorms predicted before noon followed by a slight chance of more showers until 3 p.m. Fog early and temperature may fall to 38 degrees by late afternoon. Wind gusts could hit up to 30 mph. The low for tonight is around 21 degrees.
- The Wish Ball: Tickets are still available for the upcoming Wish Ball on March 12. The event features an evening of dinner, dancing and entertainment to support juvenile diabetes research and a local family affected by the disease. Tickets are $75.
- Library hosts author: Stephen Puleo will be at the Peabody Institute Library tonight to talk about his new book about Boston in the latter half of the 19th century.
- Note from Town Hall: The Zoning Board of Appeals meeting originally scheduled for tonight has been canceled.
- Up and up and up: According to BostonGasPrices.com, which collects information daily from visitors on local gas stations*, the cheapest gas – regular grade – in town today is over at Costco for $3.35 per gallon (members only though). Next is Gulf (160 Andover St.), $3.45, followed by Sunoco (140 Andover St.), $3.47, Concord (112 Water St.), $3.53, Shell (149 Endicott St.), $3.55, and Mobil (156 Endicott St.), $3.55.
To find out what’s going on today in Danvers, check out our events listings.
* The site relies upon visitors to update and report prices and thus does not provide a comprehensive list of all gas stations in town. Feel free to add your own report in the comment section below.