5 Things You Need to Know Today, March 8
Selectmen begin review of individual departmental budgets tonight.
Today is Tuesday, March 8. Here are five things you need to know:
- Today’s weather: Mostly sunny, high near 40 degrees. Tonight, mostly clear with a low around 23 degrees.
- Budget hearings: The Board of Selectmen will review proposed 2012 budgets for the Public Works, Accounting and Retirement departments tonight, starting at 7 p.m. in the Toomey Room at Town Hall.
- Craft time: It’s craft time for kids age 2 and up at the Peabody Institute Library this morning. Head on down for some fun.
- Favorite beverage? Have you cast your vote yet in our newest contest? Comment with your favorite hot beverage in town and where you like to stop to get it and you could be eligible for a $10 gift card. The deadline is quickly approaching.
- Where’s the cheapest gas? According to BostonGasPrices.com, which collects information daily from visitors on local gas stations*, the cheapest gas – regular grade – in town today is over at Costco for $3.35 per gallon (members only though). Next is Prime Energy (89 Holten St.), $3.43, followed by Gulf (160 Andover St.), $3.49, Gulf (100 High St.), $3.49, High Street Service (60 High St.), $3.49, Sunoco (140 Andover St.), $3.49, Mobil (97 Maple St.), $3.51, Concord (112 Water St.), $3.53, Mobil (156 Endicott St.), $3.55, and Shell (149 Endicott St.), $3.59.
To find out what’s going on today in Danvers, check out our events listings.
* The site relies upon visitors to update and report prices and thus does not provide a comprehensive list of all gas stations in town. Feel free to add your own report in the comment section below.