5 Things You Need To Know Today, Oct. 12
Your daily guide to the happenings and events in Danvers.
Today is Tuesday, October 11. Here are five things you need to know today in Danvers:
1. Did you check out today's 5 Things Photo? It features John Beaulieu of Danvers and Libby MacQuarrie of Hamilton, both of whom were all smiles after a round of golf at the Myopia Hunt Club at the 42nd Annual Northeast Arc Commodore Golf Tournament. The tournament raised more than $161,000 to continue valuable programs and services that help people living with developmental disabilities.
2. You know the season has changed when...: tonight is the last chance this year to check out the Cruisin’ to the Tree car show at the Liberty Tree Mall. The weekly cruise night is a gathering of hotrods, muscle cars, antiques, custom and special-interest vehicles from 4:30-7:30, all to benefit the Danvers D.A.R.E. program.
3. Tonight, leading cancer specialists from Beverly Hospital, Addison Gilbert Hospital and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center will be participating in an interactive and informative panel discussion, "Conversations on Cancer's Changing Landscape: an Evening with the Experts." The free panel will begin at 5:30 p.m. at the CoCo Key Hotel & Water Resort.
4. Danvers has made national news! Well, maybe not Danvers specifically, but the family who called 911 when they were lost in the Connors Farm corn maze. Folks as far away as the Los Angeles Times have been sharing the story of the Columbus Day incident.
5. Don't miss this! Have you read author Molly Birnhaum's book, Season to Taste? She'll be speaking about it tonight at the Peabody Institute Library, at 7 p.m.
For more of today's happenings in town, check out our Events Calendar.