Passion, spice, and love: key ingredients to Valentine's Day, and these romance-inspired cocktails.
Whether you're going out on a hot date, staying in for a single-girls night at home, or want to make a love potion: each of these cocktails has the flair of Valentine's Day.
Try one (preferably do not try them all in the same night!) and let us know which was your favorite in the comments.
Passion Ruby Red Lemonade
- Straight from the TGI Friday's menu, with one sip of Passion Ruby Red Lemonade "you'll fall madly in love with this mix of Minute Maid lemonade, Ruby Red and Smirnoff Citrus."
Juliet's Flirtini and Romeo's Honey Rye
- Not Your Average Joe's in Beverly has the right idea on romantic cocktails. Juliet's Flirtini features Absolut acai, all-natural pomegranate juice, strawberry sparkling wine and a floating edible orchid, while Romeo's Honey Rye includes Jack Daniel's honey whiskey, a dash of honey clover and fever tree ginger beer.
Reader's Pick: Love Potion Number 9
- 1 oz strawberry, vanilla or clear vodka
- 1/2 oz white crème de cacao
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- scoop of vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup ice
- * Blend together, garnish with a strawberry.
Reader's Pick: Snuggler
- 1 ½ oz Peppermint Schnapps
- Hot Chocolate
For the Family: Valentine's Day Fruit Punch (non-alcoholic)
- 1 quart cranberry juice
- 1 quart apple juice
- 1 can (6 ounce size) frozen orange juice
- 2 small cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- sugar, to taste
- Mix all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Upload your favorite sweet cocktail recipes in the comments.