Downtown is bustling in preparation for this year's annual Danvers Holiday Festival, set for this Saturday, Dec. 3, from 2-5 p.m. in Danvers Square.
Wondering what's going to be happening? Which businesses are offering prizes and giveaways? What time the tree lighting will take place?
We have the answers.
Holiday Festival Schedule
- 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Parade of Trees on view at Tapley Memorial Hall
- 2:30 - 4:30 p.m. Pictures with Santa at Maple Street Church
- 2:30 - 4:30 p.m. Living Nativity at Maple Street Church
- 2 - 5 p.m. Bell Ringers sponsored by Jeremy Lee.
- 2 - 5 p.m. Activities at local shops (see merchants directory below) and window contest.
- 4 - 4:30 p.m. Girl Scouts Sing
- 4:55 p.m. Santa arrives
- 5:00 p.m. Tree Lighting
Downtown Merchants Directory
- VFW Post 2359: Public restrooms.
- Antiques Displayed: Old Fashioned Homemade Shortbread
- Danvers Fresh Marketplace: Apples and Oranges
- East Boston Savings Bank: Film for Santa Pics and Goodies
- Green Elephant Toys: Cupcakes and Cookies
- Hall Family Chiropractic: Make Christmas ornaments, plus snacks/apple cider
- Knights of Columbus: Cider and Hot Cocoa
- North Shore Bank: Hot cocoa and giveaways
- Partridge Tree Gift Shop: Children's Bookmarks
- Salon 21: Spiced Cider
- Danvers House of Pizza: Complimentary slice of pizza
- New Wave Salon: Colored hair extensions and holiday cookies, desserts, apple cider, coffee, and 10 minute chair massages
- Cherry Street Fish Market: Free Clam Chowder
- Cakes for Occasions: Cookie decorating
- Chuck's Restaurant: Mini appetizers
- Custom Cup Cafe: Cookies
- Domino's Pizza: Cinnamon Sticks
- Giovanni's Roast Beef & Pizza: Slice of Pizza and Goodie Bags
- Goodies Ice Cream: Hot dogs
- Herzog Dental
- JD Jewelers: Goodies
- Maple Street Church: Hosting Santa, cookies, hot cocoa, holiday crafts.
- Novello's Florist: Boxwood Tree Raffle, 15 percent off cash and carry.
- Sawasdee: Food samples
- Simplicity Consignment
- Supreme Roast Beef: Small drink
- Verizon Fios: Goodies, eco friendly shopping bags
- Western Cycle
- Danvers Historical Society: Coloring Contest, goodie bags.
- Curran Brothers Florist: Free flower.
The Christmas Tree
- This year's tree was donated by Jan Farrin of 14 Brookwood Lane. The tree was planted by her uncle as a seedling and she is estimating the tree to be approximately 45 years old.
- The tree was decorated by the Danvers Garden Club.
- The D.J.'s at the tree lighting will be Ira Malkin and Gardner Trask, compliments of the Kiwanis Club.
If you have a question that we didn't answer, let us know in the comments or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll get back to you about it.