All Things Trash and Recycling in Danvers
Trash and recycling rules in Danvers for 2012.
Still unsure of the changes in store for recycling and trash pickup in Danvers this year?
Find out in this week's You Ask, Patch Answers, courtesy of the Danvers Department of Public Works.
Trash and Recycling Rules
- Recycling is MANDATORY—Recycling must be put out to get trash pickup.
- Limit of 3 bags/barrels of trash per home—multi-family homes (2-4 units) may put out up to 5 bags/barrels total.
- Recycling is unlimited—leave recycling bin out until trash has been picked up.
- Barrels/bags/recycling bins may not be larger than 45 gal/50 lbs. Do not overfill.
- No recyclables in the trash—your trash will not be picked up.
- Danvers has dual stream recycling: glass, cans, plastics #1-7 may be comingled in your recycling bin. Paper including newspaper, magazines, paperboard may be bagged in paper, tied or put in a separate bin. Cardboard must be cut, flattened to 4’x 4’ and bundled to no thicker than 1’.
- Recycling may be put in any container marked for recycling or with a “recycle” sticker that you can pick up from the Town.
- Curbside recycling bins may be purchased at the DPW Garage at 95 Hobart Street with a check for $5.00 made out to the Town of Danvers. No construction or demolition material curbside.
- A sticker is needed for bulky items (see next section).
Sticker Program for Disposal of Large/Bulky Items Curbside
- Purchase your sticker at Town Hall or the Business Division and contact the Transfer Station to schedule curbside pickup.
- $10—white goods (see above), lawnmower, furniture, mattress/box spring, carpet (up to 10 rolls) $20—freon appliances (see above), TVs, computer monitors
Transfer Station Information
Call the DPW Transfer Station Representative at 978-762-0252 with issues pertaining to trash, recycling and yard waste pickup.
- Condo and apartment residents without curbside pickup can bring their recycling to the Transfer Station on Tuesdays and on Saturday openings from 7:00 AM -2:30 PM (see calendar for dates).
- Trash drop off Monday through Friday and Saturday openings ($0.04/lb).
- Brush and yard waste drop off M/W/F ($15 sticker/year-can be purchased at Town Hall or Business Division).
- White goods (washer, dryer, stove, dishwasher, hot water heater, trash compactor, etc.), electronics, lawn mower with oil/gas removed, ride on tractors or snow blowers with oil/gas removed, propane tanks, and metal items may be dropped off for $0.04/lb.
- Freon appliances (ACs, dehumidifiers, refrigerators), TVs and computer monitors brought to the Transfer Station will be charged an extra fee.
- Mercury bearing products (fluorescent lights, thermostats, thermometers, etc.) and tattered American flags may be dropped off at the Transfer Station for free.