Five Green Cars For Sale Nearby
If fuel efficiency is your number-one factor when looking for a car, here are five green automobiles we found on the North Shore, Andover and North Andover.
There are a lot of factors to consider when buying a car. If fuel efficiency is at the top of your list, here's a feature you'll enjoy. We scanned cars.com and AOL Autos for the greenest cars for sale on the North Shore and near Andover/North Andover. Here's what we found:
* Obviously, mpg stands for miles per gallon but these cars all use some or all electricity. Here's a physicist explaining the drawbacks to using mpg as a measure.
1. 2010 Honda Insight EX — $16,395
2. 2013 Toyota Prius Plug-In — $32,477
3. 2013 Porche Panamera Hybrid S — $106,240
Okay, I'm putting this one on the list for fun, since who knew Porche made hybrids? The fuel efficiency isn't great — 30 mpg on the highway, 22 in the city — but hey, it's a freakin' Porche. For sale at Ira Porche in Danvers. For details, visit cars.com.
4. 2012 Mitsubishi i-MiEV SE — $25,300
Aside from the unpronounceable model name, this is a sweet little all-electric number. The cost is on the low side for full electric cars. Mileage-wise it gets 126 in the city, 99 on the highway. The model is newly for sale in the Northeast after being introduced to the U.S. on the West Coast. Available at Michaud Mitsubishi in Danvers. For more information, take an electronic trip via your mouse to cars.com.
5. 2007 Toyota Prius Touring — $12,995
The used-car market for hybrids includes a lot of Priuses. Take, for instance, this four-door hatchback with 85,532 miles on it. It's classic silver and is for sale at Turnpike Auto in North Andover. For more, visit cars.com.