Larceny, Car Accidents Break Up Quiet Week
This is an excerpt from reports in the Danvers police log from Monday through Wednesday.
- At 6:37 a.m., police received a call that someone smashed a window on a car parked at Endicott Green on Route 1 and stole some clothes and a GPS device.
- At 10:49 a.m., staff at the Home Depot at the mall reported a shoplifting incident involving an employee. Police said the incident involved returning purchased items to the store and the employee was issued a summons for larceny.
- At 3:09 p.m., a caller reported a stolen credit card. The card was stolen the day before and used to purchase a TV at Walmart. Police said they identified a likely suspect and obtained an arrest warrant.
- Dominic Gatto, 22, of 11 Aborn Place, Peabody, was arrested at 7:27 p.m. on High Street near the Shell gas station on a warrant out of Peabody District Court. The charge was for assault and battery.
- Mark Castonguay, 37, of 23 Water St., Danvers, was arrested at his residence between 9-10 p.m. for disorderly conduct. Police said there was an argument between the man and his girlfriend. Castonguay refused to calm down, arguing with officers, which eventually led to his arrest.
- At 7:43 a.m., a Chevrolet Silverado struck a guardrail on Centre Street near Route 1 and Interstate 95. The driver did not require medical transportation.
- At 12:47 p.m., A Dyer Court resident reported someone made three unauthorized transactions out-of-state on the reporting party's credit card.
- At 7:39 a.m., a two-car accident was reported on Water Street after a car rear-ended another vehicle. One driver complained of neck pain and was transported to Beverly Hospital, although there was only minor damage to the car. Police said the other driver's foot slipped off the brake.
- At 9:48 a.m., a car driving on Maple Street slid into the opposite lane and struck a Public Works truck. Police said the accident was due to the slippery road conditions during the rainstorm, but the driver was still cited for failure to use care in turning and received medical treatment after complaining of neck pain.