Man Arrested After Observing Women at Planet Fitness
A suspicious person was arrested after witnesses saw him touching himself inappropriately while observing females working out.
The following are excerpts from the Danvers Police Department Log Monday July 11 through Wednesday July 13.
- Police were notified at 8:15 p.m. of a situation at 10 Kimball Avenue, where an individual tried to get her arm chair reupholstered, but the company she hired ended up being a fraudulent business. The situation is currently under investigation by the Attorney General's Office.
- Police responded to CoCo Keys Resort at 9:57 a.m. on report of a vehicle with a smashed right rear window and a professional culinary knife set, uniform, and camera stolen sometime during the night.
- Police responded to Kirkbride Drive at noon on report of children playing outside being able to see up a gentleman's towel on his balcony above them. Sergeant Bob Bettencourt said it is still in dispute whether he was unaware of this, or whether he was exposed on purpose. He received a summons to court for indecent exposure.
- At 6:53 p.m. police responded to Planet Fitness after a suspicious person was seen touching himself inappropriately while observing females working out. Bettencourt said the man was not exposed, but was seen pleasuring himself over his clothing. Officers spoke to witnesses and Marcelo Darocha, 41, was arrested for lewd and lascivious conduct and disorderly conduct.
- At 11:24 p.m. Donald White, 54, of 19 Marion Ave in Beverly, was arrested for malicious damage and a warrant after kicking in the front door to an apartment, breaking the glass, at 15 Lafayette Ave.
- Police were dispatched to Brookside Avenue at 7:05 a.m. on report of a possible domestic disturbance, when someone claimed they observed a person pointing what appeared to be a firearm at someone else. When police followed up with the victim she said that there was no gun involved.