Melrose Man Nabbed Trying to Steal Razor Blades
Danvers police arrested a 29-year-old Melrose man on Monday for trying to steal $400 worth of Gillette razor blades from Costco’s. He also had four active warrants out for his arrest.
The following is an excerpt from reports in the Danvers police log from Friday through Monday.
- Randy S. Zakas, Jr., 27, of 2 Tracey St. #2, Peabody, was arrested at Walmart at 12:11 p.m. Zakas was charged with shoplifting. Police said he stole an adapter for a wireless USB device.
- Darren Wilder, 35, of 15 Rockaway St., Lynn, was arrested at Kohl’s at 6:29 p.m. Wilder was charged with shoplifting. Police said he was stealing sneakers.
- Brian M. Butts, 20, of 38 Walter Rd., Danvers, was arrested at 7:02 p.m., following a motor vehicle stop on School Street. He was charged with driving with a suspended license.
- Helena Mendez, 45, of 2 Margin St., Peabody, was arrested by a State Police trooper at 9:40 a.m. She was charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
- Kujtim Sheraj, 43, of 87 Water St., Danvers, was arrested at Walmart at 3:31 p.m. Sheraj was charged with shoplifting. Police said he was stealing baseball cards, razors and toys, all told worth more than $100.
- Carlos Ramirez, 35, of 9 Spencer St., Lynn, was arrested in the parking lot of the Gulf Express on Route 114 at 4:16 p.m. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. Police said they were called to the scene upon report of people drinking inside a car. Ramirez, who was behind the wheel, failed a field sobriety test and was taken into custody.
- Police responded to a report of a larceny at Danvers High School at 10:16 a.m. No further details were available.
- Police responded to a report of the theft of some copper from a construction site at 150 Andover St. at 10:57 a.m. A new sports complex is being built on the site and it is the second such copper theft in recent months. This time, $2,000 worth of metal was stolen.
- Alan Iovaine, 29, of 23 Hawthorne St., Melrose, was arrested at Costco’s Wholesale Club at 11:40 a.m., following a report of a shoplifter. Iovaine was charged with larceny over $250 and on four active warrants from Somerville and Malden district courts. Police said Iovaine tried to steal several packages of Gillette Fusion razor blades, valued approximately at $399, by hiding them underneath his jacket. The warrant charges for his arrest included assault and battery, multiple counts of larceny and motor vehicle violations.
- A 23-year-old Worcester woman was issued a summons for malicious damage to property, following a report of damage to a motor vehicle at Meninno Brothers on Pine Street at 12:19 p.m. Police said the woman, who was believed to be an ex-girlfriend of the victim, keyed the car.