Police ID Man Who Caused Essex Aggie Lockdown, Search
The following excerpts were provided by the Danvers Police Department. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Danvers Police log:
Tuesday, May 22
- A domestic dispute was reported on Dayton Street at 5:57 p.m.
- Police were dispatched to Poplar Street at 10:38 p.m. on report of a stabbing victim. The situation was later identified as a suicide attempt.
Wednesday, May 23
- Police were dispatched to Endicott Street on report of a sick goose at 12:17 a.m.
- Police received a youth complaint at 2:39 p.m. Kids were reportedly on the roof of the Danvers Historical Society. The situation was unfounded.
- Police were dispatched to Tapley Hall at 5:36 p.m. on report of malicious damage. The report stated the "kids did a lot of damage."
- Nichole Penney, 38, of 36 School St. in Everett, was arrested at Kohl's at 7:08 p.m. on charges of larceny over $250.
- A vehicle was reported stolen form the Liberty Tree Mall at 9:25 p.m.
- Joseph Mello, 28, of 10 Spruce St. was arrested at his residence at 10:02 p.m. on warrant charges.
- Police were dispatched to Tapley Park on report of people disturbing the peace, playing basketball at 11:45 p.m.
Thursday, May 24
- At 2:14 p.m. police attempted to serve a warrant to Jonathan Benoit, 24, of 22 School St. in Wilmington, at CAB. After a search through the woods, and Essex Aggie was put on lockdown, police located and arrested Benoit just after 4 p.m., on charges of disorderly conduct, being a fugitive from justice on a court warrant and resisting arrest.
For more information about the log, contact firstname.lastname@example.org