Police Remind Residents to Lock Cars, Secure Valuables Out of Sight
Several car break-ins — all to unlocked vehicles — were reported early Wednesday morning in the neighborhood of Garfield Avenue and Pauline Road.
The following are excerpts from reports in the Danvers police from Wednesday through Thursday.
- Police responded to reports of several car break-ins in the area of Garfield Avenue and Pauline Road. The break-ins occurred sometime between midnight and 5 a.m., police said, while the owners did not discover anything was amiss until later that morning. In all cases, the cars were left unlocked and police issued an alert to residents urging them to lock their cars and secure any valuable items left inside, while notifying the police if any suspicious characters or activity was spotted. The only items reported missing were an iPhone charger and a silver skull ring from one vehicle. Police said the thieves did try to open a briefcase, but were apparently unsuccessful and decided against taking the briefcase itself.
- A 26-year-old Danvers man was issued a summons for leaving the scene of property damage, trespassing and operating a car with a revoked license after police responded to a report of damage to the rear entrance of the Lyon’s Ambulance garage on School Street at 1:58 p.m. Police said the man’s vehicle struck a fence and fled the scene.
- Ronald Carroll, 40, of 612 Sandy Bay Ter., Rockport, was arrested at 2:42 p.m. at the Nordstrom Rack. Carroll was charged with shoplifting, possession of a burglary tool and receiving stolen property under $250.
- Police responded to a report of an assault at a residence on Pickering Street at 4:08 p.m. No further details were available at the time.
- Christopher Fizz, 26, of 106 Forest St., Danvers, was arrested at his residence following a report of a disturbance at 1:11 a.m. Fizz was charged with domestic assault and battery and intimidation of a witness.
- Police responded to a report of an attempted breaking and entering on Oberlin Road at 10:13 a.m. No further details were available.
- Police responded to a report of a prowler outside a Hobart Street home at 1:04 p.m. See related story.
- David Mei, 58, of 233 Chestnut St., Lynn, and Sandra O’Connell, 47, of 8 Rogers Ave., Lynn, were both arrested for shoplifting at Liberty Tree Mall at 2:16 p.m. Mei was charged with his third offense as well as possession of a burglary tool.
- Police issued a summons to a suspect in a shoplifting at Kohl’s reported at 2:48 p.m. No further information was available.