Prep’s Take on Carroll’s Classic Enters Semifinal Round of Drama Fest
An all-boys cast at St. John’s will perform their version of “Alice in Wonderland” Saturday at 12:30 p.m. in the semifinal round of competition for the state drama festival. The Prep was chosen as one of seven host sites for the day.
St. John’s Prep's production of Alice in Wonderland advanced to the semifinal round of the state drama festival after the boys’ performance at North Andover High School last Saturday in preliminary round competition.
The performance was given high marks from the judges and five cast members received awards for excellence in acting. They were seniors Connor Doherty, Miles Hartfelder, juniors Nick Lawton and Kyle Mitchell, and sophomore Chris Losco.
St. John's will actually play host for the semifinal round on Saturday inside the Kaneb Theater. The school is one of seven sites hosting competition on March 19 for 42 theater teams.
Saturday’s schedule of plays is as follows:
- 9:30 a.m.: Billerica High School — “Body of Faith”
- 10:30 a.m.: Newton Country Day School — “Steel Magnolias”
- 12:30 p.m.: St. John’s Prep — “Alice in Wonderland”
- 1:30 p.m.: Manchester-Essex High School — “The Complete History of America (Abridged)”
- 3 p.m.: Hamilton-Wenham HIgh School — “en vélo”
- 4 p.m.: Marshfield High School — “Club Mojito”
Tickets are $10 and can only be purchased at the door on Saturday.
The final round of the festival will be held March 31 to April 2 at the Back Bay Events Center, Hancock Hall in Boston.