Rash of Car Break-Ins Reported Thursday Night
Police can't say yet whether all five car break-ins, which happened in a span of four hours Thursday night, are related, but police say it likely was one culprit or a group cruising the highway - a similar theft occurred in Peabody at a fitness club.
This is an excerpt from reports in the Danvers police log from Thursday through Friday.
- Two car break-ins were reported within four minutes of each other at Boston North Fitness Centers on Prince Street. The first break-in was reported at 6:38 p.m.
- An officer responded to a report of a third larceny from a motor vehicle at Boston North Fitness Centers at 7:53 p.m.
- Christopher Peluso, 36, of 34 Garden Lane, Wakefield, was arrested for larceny over $250, following a shoplifting incident at Target at 8:07 p.m. Police said Peluso left the store and was stopped by Peabody officers in their city. He was then picked up by Danvers police and brought to the station.
- A car break-in was reported at 8:45 p.m. at Hardcover Restaurant.
- A car break-in was reported at 11:08 p.m. on South Liberty Street.
- Janelle Loureiro, 23, of 26 Columbia Blvd., Danvers, was arrested at her residence at 1:32 a.m. for domestic assault and battery, following a report of a domestic dispute.