Shoe Thief Nabbed: One Pair On, Second in Bag
This is an excerpt from reports in the Danvers police log from Thursday through Sunday.
- At 8:23 a.m., police responded to a report of graffiti containing derogatory language on the curb at Donovan and Donovan Lawyers on Elm Street.
- At 8:43 a.m., more graffiti was reported near Danvers Dental Associates on Elm Street.
- At 6:21 p.m., a guest at the Marriott on Route 1 reported a "substantial" amount of cash was missing from her room. There were no signs of forced entry into the room.
- At 8:48 p.m., a Ray Street resident reported someone had pried open the caller's front door during the day. Nothing was missing, however, likely due to the presence of the resident's large dog.
- At 11:58 a.m., police responded to a report of a car break-in at Best Buy. Someone smashed the passenger side rear window of a car and stole a laptop and a bag containing clothes and other personal items.
- Aris Gutierrez, 20, of 12 First St., Salem, was arrested at Marshall's at the mall at 12:38 p.m. for shoplifting. Gutierrez tried to make off with two pairs of shoes – one pair on his feet and the other pair in a bag.
- At 5:48 p.m., police responded to a three-car accident near National Tire and Battery on Route 114. Police said one driver failed to stop for a red light and subsequently rear-ended a car, which hit another car stopped at the light. One vehicle was towed and the driver at fault was cited for failure to use care in stopping. No injuries were reported.
- At 2:52 a.m., an employee at Denny's reported a customer left without paying a $27 bill.
- Joseph Yescalis, 49, of 19 Fayette St., Beverly, was arrested on a warrant from Salem District Court at 7:27 a.m., following a motor vehicle stop on Elliott Street. The charge on the warrant was for violation of a restraining order.
- At 8:32 a.m., a caller on Garden Street reported someone stole scrap metal from a Dumpster.
- At 10:38 a.m., police responded to a report of graffiti (spray paint) at the Lawrence Street Playground.
- At 7:50 p.m., police responded to a report of larceny at a Central Avenue apartment. Further details were not yet available.
- Joseph LeBlanc, 53, of 42 Liberty St., Danvers, was arrested at his residence at 11:49 p.m. for domestic assault and battery and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (a cane). The female victim, who also lives there, said she was grabbed by the hair and thrown against the wall. She also suffered bruises to her face and was struck by a cane, but didn't require medical attention.
- At 12:18 p.m., officers on patrol along Route 114 noticed a broken window at a building on Route 114, but found everything else in order.
- At 4:19 p.m., police responded to a report of shoplifting at Nordstrom Rack. Further details were not yet available.